Welcome to the Community Caring Collaborative
With the proper care, the possibilities for our children are endless.
Weather Cancellation Policy: If schools are closing or delayed, the CCC will cancel meetings & events to ensure everyone's safety. If you are not sure about a CCC event or meeting closure, check here for an announcement. We will also post cancellations on the radio (WQDY FM 92.7/95.3 ) and television station WLBZ2.
Click here to view Washington County: One Day at a Time - the moving documentary produced by Speaking Place
We're here to help you!
Here's a list of the services we offer to families like yours in Washington County. Click on the "Services & Programs" tab above or on the name of a service listed below to learn more about the ways these programs can help your family:
- Bridging Program – to help families with babies and children who have medical or developmental conditions that affect parenting and child development. Bridging Providers build on your family’s strengths and help you plan what you need for your child to bloom by anticipating and arranging services and supports in Washington County.
- Integrated Services – we have Infant and Family Support Specialists placed at a variety of locations in Washington County to allow families to access infant, child and family support services at their local health centers.
- Early Childhood Consultation & Outreach Services – These services are available to child care centers, Head Start centers, pre-schools, early elementary grades and families.
- Training and Curriculum Development – The CCC is also serving children by offering training and curriculum development for child-serving providers in Washington County.
The mission of the CCC is to develop a seamless, family-driven, culturally-competent, strength-based, trauma and poverty informed, substance abuse aware system that helps all community members fulfill their potential and live healthier, happier and more hopeful lives.
Upcoming CCC Events
- December 17th, 2013 (All day), Child Birth Class - Maine Families Birthin... more
- December 17th, 2013 (All day), CCC Work Group - The CCC's Work Group m... more
- January 3rd, 2014 (All day), C4 - CCC Council meets 8:30... more
- January 14th, 2014, Economic Advocacy for... - Save this date - Janua... more
- January 21st, 2014 (All day), Child Birth Class - Maine Families Birthin... more
Recent CCC News
- September 12th, 2013, Poverty Institute - Fo... - Forum arming participa... more
- September 28th, 2012, CCC Welcomes Charley M... - The Community Caring... more
- August 29th, 2012, Family Futures Downeas... - The Community Caring C... more
- May 23rd, 2012, Substance Abuse Featur... - Click here to read a U... more
- May 1st, 2012, More Babies Born Addic... - ABC online news articl... more