11 days until Christmas and we’re on it!
New this week:
MHRT/C Certificate Program
Washington County Community College is excited to be offering another round of free Mental Health Rehabilitation Technician Community classes that will certify qualified individuals to provide intensive case management and community integration services to adults with serious mental illness. Download a flyer for details.
Cobscook Institute’s Programs & Events
Cobscook Institute, situated on its beautiful campus in Trescott, offers an eclectic array of enrichment opportunities for the community, such as Pizza and Music Night; Vinyasa Yoga; Teen Pottery; Food Preservation and more, plus, they offer sliding scale pricing for all classes. Learn more here.
Addressing Social Isolation and Loneliness in Older Adults
The National Center for Equitable Care for Elders is offering the following new Learning Activities in 2023:
- January 26, 2023 (Webinar): Expanding Health Center Services to an Aging Population through PACE
- January 27, 2023 (Webinar): Special and Vulnerable Populations COVID-19 Forum
- February 20223 (Learning Collaborative, 4 sessions): Promoting Age-friendly Environments: Critical Determinants of Health
Employment Law Updates
Join Rudman Winchell employment law attorneys on January 20th for a Dessert and Learn event from 12 – 1 pm at 84 Harlow Street in Bangor. Topics include:
- Overview of various paid leave obligations
- How your policies impact what you owe
- Guidance from Maine Dept of Labor
Bring your lunch, Rudman Winchell will provide dessert and beverages. Reserve your spot here.
Healthy Acadia Seeking Warming Center Manager & Support Staff
Healthy Acadia has immediate need for a Warming Center Manager and support staff at the INSPIRE Recovery Center in Ellsworth. The Center will be open nightly, including holidays and weekends, from December 15, 2022, to April 30, 2023.
- Manager role is a full-time, seasonal position. Read full job description.
- Support staff roles are seasonal full-time, part-time, and per diem shifts. Read full job description.
30 Peaceful Nights
NextStep DV Project is running a “30 Peaceful Nights” campaign to give 30 domestic violence survivors an opportunity to think and be heard by supportive advocates. For DV survivors, a peaceful night is the difference between pain and comfort, distress and calm, voices raised and blissful quiet. Download a flyer for details.