A core program of the CCC, the Hope Fund provides one-time financial assistance for expenses that threaten a Washington County family’s ability to care for their children, ages 0 – 8 and are not covered through other sources.
The Hope Fund is designed to be one part of an overall plan of services or supports for families. Staff providers from CCC partner agencies, who know a family’s needs and goals best, submit applications to addresses a barrier that is jeopardizing family well-being. The fund simultaneously strengthens the safety net for families and expands the resources available to providers. A cross-agency committee reviews applications weekly, and turnaround time for funding is fast.
The Hope Fund considers applications in areas relating to: housing, transportation, medical, mental health or dental needs, employment, and education. Emergency or other needs may also be considered when there is no other resource available. The Hope Fund does not fund ongoing expenses such as food, fuel, or monthly rent. Hope Fund awards reach approximately 75 Washington County families annually, with each award immediately impacting an average of four people. Most awards are for assistance with transportation (68%) and housing (26%). Smaller amounts go to education, work, medical, and other needs.
- Providers download the Hope Fund Application (online or fillable pdf) and the check list for garages if the request involves auto repair
- Complete the household budget (page 5 of the pdf application or this link for the online application) if the request is for a down payment, security deposit or is part of a financial undertaking that will involve the family making ongoing payments
- Please complete the combined funding budget (page 4 of the pdf application or this link for the online application) for requests that combine Hope Fund support with other funding sources.
- Fill out the application together with the family
- Gather and include additional documentation such as a quote for repairs, prior to submitting application
- Fax the completed pdf application and additional documentation to the CCC office in Machias at: 207-835-4500 or press “submit” on the online application.
The Hope Fund year is divided into 3 segments with funds allocated evenly for each trimester. The Hope fund review committee meets weekly to review applications until funds are depleted for the trimester. When funds are depleted, the committee will stop accepting applications until the beginning of the next trimester. Providers – not the family applying for funds – please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We are very happy to be working with you in supporting families in Washington County and have developed a list of Hope Fund FAQs you may want to consult for further help
COVID-19 Impact Fund (now open)
CCC is using the Hope Fund as the structure to administer one-time COVID-19 impact funds and invites CCC partner agencies to apply on behalf of their clients. The Hope Fund committee will be the review committee for COVID-19 impact funds.
Any provider in a CCC partner agency who is working with a family in an overall plan for removing barriers can submit an application for their client/families by following these guidelines:
- The COVID-19 impact fund is intended to alleviate financial challenges associated with COVID-19;
- Providers can help families with children prenatal through 18 years apply;
- One-time applications for basic needs, supplies, household expenses, auto repairs, technology needs, educational expenses, and specific needs of essential workers will be considered;
- The CCC can only make payments to established vendors or service providers. This does include landlords. It does not include individuals without established services or businesses;
- Individual community members must have staff from a CCC partner agency apply for funds on their behalf. Individuals cannot apply directly to the COVID-19 Impact Fund. Many of our partners are listed here. You can also submit an email here to get help for accessing COVID-19 impact funds or other resources, and someone will follow up with you directly;
- The application form for COVID-19 impact funds is designed to be filled out and submitted online. Providers can save and continue to fill it out later, or print the form and fax/mail it to the committee if necessary.
Share this news with everyone in your workplace who is directly serving families with children (zero to eighteen years old) who may need one-time financial assistance through the Hope Fund’s COVID-19 impact fund!
The Hope Fund gratefully accepts donations and makes certain that those funds directly reach vulnerable families.
If you would like to make a donation to the CCC, please click here.