Resources for Seniors & Caregivers
Resources for Dementia & Brain Health
Caregiving & Care Transitions
- Next Step in Care – family caregivers and health care professionals working together – comprehensive guide for caregivers
- Enhancing the Care Transitions Intervention Protocol to Better Address the Needs of Family Caregivers, Journal for Healthcare Quality, Eric A. Coleman et al
- Alternatives to Nursing Homes, The Atlantic, May 1, 2015
- Circle of Care: A Guidebook for Mental Health Caregivers, designed to guide unpaid friends, family, and neighbors who care for someone with a mental health condition – National Alliance for Caregiving. Circle of Care Guidebook – a pdf version.
- Assisted Living Facilities in Washington County, Maine, SeniorGuidance.org – articles on senior living, locations of assisted living facilities, etc.
Resources for Seniors
- Plan your Life Span – Northwestern University online tool to help seniors start thinking about issues they may likely face in the last years of life and prepare
- Mourning A Parent or Spouse’s Death – National Institute of Mental Health, Aging Care.com
- NIH Senior Health – National Institutes of Health webpage on “Falls and Older Adults”
- Maine Senior Guide – a comprehensive search engine of resources on home support, health & wellness, estate management and more.
- Mesothelioma Guide – free resource on this rare form of cancer that usually affects older adults in their 60’s and 70’s, specializing in connecting patients with doctors and treatment options that are best suited for them, including resources for Veterans.
Resources on Vulnerability of Elders