Today is the Autumn Equinox marking the first official day of fall – learn 7 special ways to celebrate fall with your child and family (Photo courtesy of Backwoods Mama).
New This Week:
- The impact mental health conditions can have on your entire family
- Different types of mental health care professionals, available treatment options and therapies
- An overview of the public mental health care, school and juvenile justice systems and resources to help you navigate these systems
- to advocate for your child’s rights at school and in health care settings
- How to advocate for your child’s rights at school and in health care settings
Click here to learn more and register
University of Maine Cooperative Extension will offer a webinar for home gardeners about growing garlic from 6–7:30 p.m. Oct. 7. “Growing Great Garlic in Maine” topics include variety choice, when to plant, scape removal, disease management and when to harvest and store garlic. Dave Fuller, UMaine Extension agriculture and nontimber forest products professional, will lead the workshop. Registration is required; a sliding scale fee is optional. Register on the event webpage to attend live or receive a link to the recording. For more information or to request a reasonable accommodation, contact Pamela Hargest, 207-781-6099; firstname.lastname@example.org.
A flyer is now available for Beyond the Label: Reducing substance use related stigma, a virtual brown bag presentation by Abby Frutchey on the impacts stigma has on our community members impacted by substance use disorder and strategies to reduce that stigma September 29th from 12 Noon to 1 pm.